Skip to main content

PARTITION OF INDIA


It was mid-night. I was done crying and cursing myself for opting here to get some “adventure” in final year of my graduation. Before me were lying Saapadu and a mug of coffee, both completely untouched. Finally I decided to pack my bags and return to my hometown, my people...Delhi.
I was in Karumathampatti, a suburb of Coimbatore city in the state of Chennai. My summer internship was in BHEL and was scheduled in May. I was given an option to join the company’s zonal office which was in my hometown but I chose to go to some place far, where I would be able to discover myself, my shortcomings, someplace where I can live free and breathe free. Actually it had been so long since last I stepped out of Delhi so I found it to be best opportunity to flee from mind-numbing daily routine.
Scorching heat of summers welcomed me from airport. I was ready for my voyage but the only problem I was able to see till now was language problem. South Indian cuisine was something I cherished since childhood. The day I landed, was my reporting day as well. In BHEL, I was welcomed by a bunch of colleagues who, from that very moment, started mocking me (for not being one of them), bullying and deliberately used to talk in Tamil so that I don’t get to understand a single word of it. There I befriend Vasanthi, who used to make my survival easy out there.
Day by day, due to this handful of people, I grew hatred for this place and thus making my endurance even more difficult. Then came this day when I decided to run-away from this place, leaving my internship in middle. Days passed and I was not able to overcome from the terror I faced in Karumathampatti.
Years passed and everything returned back to normal. One fine night I was chatting with my friend Sunidhi and conversationally told her about the trip and the reason why I came back before completing the training period. After few days, she gifted me CART FULL OF HUSK . This was the book that changed my life forever. This was then when I realized what those people would have faced or would have gone through when they had to leave their country forever and settle themselves in an alien hostile nation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advantages and Disadvantages of EIS Advantages of EIS Easy for upper-level executives to use, extensive computer experience is not required in operations Provides timely delivery of company summary information Information that is provided is better understood Filters data for management Improves to tracking information Offers efficiency to decision makers Disadvantages of EIS System dependent Limited functionality, by design Information overload for some managers Benefits hard to quantify High implementation costs System may become slow, large, and hard to manage Need good internal processes for data management May lead to less reliable and less secure data

Inter-Organizational Value Chain

The value chain of   a company is part of over all value chain. The over all competitive advantage of an organization is not just dependent on the quality and efficiency of the company and quality of products but also upon the that of its suppliers and wholesalers and retailers it may use. The analysis of overall supply chain is called the value system. Different parts of the value chain 1.  Supplier     2.  Firm       3.   Channel 4 .   Buyer

CONCEPTUAL VIEW OF MIS

The concept is a blend of principles, theories and practices of management, information and system giving rise to a single product called MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM . The concept of management gives high regard to the individual and his ability to use the information. MIS gives information through data analysis. While analyzing the information, it relies on many academic disciplines like management science, OR, organization behavior, psychology, etc. The foundation of MIS is the principles of management and its practices. MIS uses the concept of management control in its design and relies heavily on the fact that the decision maker is a human being and is a human processor of information. A MIS can be evolved for a specific objective it is evolved after systematic planning and design. It calls for an analysis of business, management views and policies, organization culture and the management style. The MIS,therefore relies heavily on systems theory.The systems theory offers soluti